When you end up losing all your data from your PC it is not the time to start wishing you had a recovery system or a backup drive for all the data on your PC. Instead this is something that you should always have at hand. Your backup drive should be able to hold all your files including all the system files and other files saved in your PC. This will help ensure that your data is not lost when your PC has a problem or even when it cannot start.
There are several steps that are taken to create a backup drive for all your data. For this process an external drive which will act as the backup drive is need. When making a Recovery Drive for the normal files an external drive with about 512 MB space is just okay. However when you are making one of all the files including the system files then a bigger drive will be better. Also when you want to make a 16 bit copy of your windows then you will need a drive of 16GB.
These steps include;
- Before you start the whole process you should scan your PC to ensure you do not backup malware or files bound to be harmful to your PC
- In the task bar, there is an option to create a recovery drive. Select it so as to start the whole process. In this stage you will be asked to provide a password or even confirm the option you just selected so that you can proceed to the next stage.
- After this is done, the tool will open. When this is done ensure that the option to back up the system drive to the backup drive is selected after which you should then select next to move on.
- When this is done, you should select next then select create for the files to start copying from your PC to the recovery drive. Because the files being copied are many, it will take time to copy all of them to the drive.
- When all this done another option to delete the recovery partition from your PC will appear on your screen. In the event you do not need this partition and want to free the space in your PC select the link the select delete to go through with it. If not, then select finish to finish the whole process.
After this, you will have a recovery drive with all your important data and files from your PC. This ensures that in case you lose your data or there is a problem with your PC then you can easily recover your data from your recovery drive.
The use a recovery backup helps restore all your files and also re install some files you may have deleted by mistake or even do an image backup.